“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.” Jesus did not come to get rid of the laws he came so that we can be made right with Him. The laws also tell us how sinful we are and how much we need Jesus.
On my quest to be clean I have found a comprehensive list of all the sins of the Bible. There are about 667 sins to look at. On Mondays I will post 5 sins. You can follow along with me is you would like to be closer to God. It’s a good way to examine your heart and to build a deeper relationship with our Lord.
Here are the first 5 and the Bible verses to back them up
- Not acknowledging your iniquity. I put this one first because it is a sin to not even acknowledge your a sinner and the sin you are committing.
- Jeremiah 3:13 Only acknowledge your guilt– you have rebelled against the LORD your God, you have scattered your favors to foreign gods under every spreading tree, and have not obeyed me,'” declares the LORD.
I have seen that is becoming a big problem in this country. We want to get rid of our guilt. A nation that does not have quilt is a nation that is flirting with Hell. Think about it? We want to legalize sin or justify it. Every time a pick up a magazine I see someone who is “coming out of the closet”. “Black Lifes Matter” groups who are harvesting hate in their heart and are murdering. In my field “Responsible Ohio” a group who want to legalize pot. Or getting rid of the stigma of drug abuse and addiction. This is one I really feel we need to be careful with. It’s OK to get help but our guilt should keep us from using in the first place. And yes I have a hard time admitting my own guilt. Especially when I have not controlled my anger or slander others. I do need the Lord’s help and I want Him to search my heart to make me clean on the inside, the sins no one can see.
2. Abortion: Exodus 21:22 and Jeremiah 1: 4-5
Exodus: “If men struggle with each other and strike a woman with child so that she gives birth prematurely, yet there is no injury, he shall surely be fined as the woman’s husband may demand of him, and he shall pay as the judges decide.23“But if there is any further injury, then you shall appoint as a penalty life for life, 24eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, 25burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.
Can you imagine if we actually had these harsh punishments today? We may not have so many people committing any violent crimes. Like drunk driving.
Now the word of the LORD came to me saying,
5“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
And before you were born I consecrated you;
I have appointed you a prophet to the nations.”
If the Lord says we are valid in the womb. Clearing abortion is not okay.
I have been forgiven for this sin twice. Planned Parenthood took care of what I thought was my problem the first time and then the Hospital in Vermont the second time. I did not even know I was committing this sin because our society says its okay. Another example of how we have made sin legal freeing us from guilt, which makes us ask for forgiveness. Guilt it a good thing! I did not even have guilt about this until I started reading the Bible.
3. Accusing: Jude 9 But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not himself dare to condemn him for slander but said, “The Lord rebuke you!” 2 Peter 2:11 But the angels, who are far greater in power and strength, do not dare to bring from the Lord a charge of blasphemy against those supernatural beings.
Oh, my do I need to work on this one. I am very quick to judge others. I jump to conclusions with out facts. And when I want to accuse I need to remember the Lord will be the judge not me. I also need to beware of my heart and why. But we are never to condemn some one to Hell. Which is what I think this sin is really saying EVER! That is God’s job.
1). IT IS NOT JUDGING SOMEONE TO BE DISCERNING WITH REGARD TO HIS CHARACTER OR TEACHING.
2). IT IS NOT JUDGING SOMEONE TO SPEAK TO HIM (AND, IF NECESSARY, TO OTHERS) ABOUT SIN OR FALSE TEACHING.
(1). YOU JUDGE SOMEONE WRONGLY WHEN YOU CRITICIZE HIM OUT OF JEALOUSY, BITTERNESS, SELFISH AMBITION, OR SOME OTHER SIN, RATHER THAN SEEKING TO BUILD HIM IN CHRIST.
(2). YOU JUDGE SOMEONE WRONGLY WHEN YOU ASSUME THAT YOU KNOW ALL OF THE PERTINENT FACTS AND MOTIVES BEHIND THE PERSON’S WORDS OR ACTIONS.
4. Adultery: Matthew 18:18 Jesus said, “‘You shall not murder,’ ‘You shall not commit adultery,’ ‘You shall not steal,’ ‘You shall not bear false witness.”
- This also include lust in the heart. Matthew 5:28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
- Peter 2:14 They commit adultery with their eyes, and their desire for sin is never satisfied. They lure unstable people into sin, and they are well trained in greed. They live under God’s curse.
- 22 If a man is found sleeping with another man’s wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die. You must purge the evil from Israel.
- Deuteronomy 22:22 Leviticus 20:10-12
- 10 And the man that committeth adultery with another man’s wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour’s wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.11 And the man that lieth with his father’s wife hath uncovered his father’s nakedness: both of them shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
12 And if a man lie with his daughter in law, both of them shall surely be put to death: they have wrought confusion; their blood shall be upon them.
This is a huge one! Pornography is the biggest. Again another thing we have made legal so we don’t have to feel guilty. You can not even stand in the line at the story with out seeing ungodly pictures. So be careful little eyes what you see. Pornography the Biggest Business in the World!! Can you imagine how many families would be together is you would be put to death for committing adultery! I know I would think twice. Thank God we have His Grace and Forgiveness. Because the wages of sin is death both spiritually and morally. This sin has caused the most destruction in our society. It tears families apart, trust is gone, many become poor, diseased, suicide, depression, and the list goes on. If we want to help the cause of children then the family needs to be held as the up most important relationship in our earthly lives, you need to keep marriage holy. Never defile your marriage by committing adultery.
5. Not abstaining from all appearance of evil: 1 Thessalonians 5:22 Stay away from every kind of evil.
To avoid the appearance of evil, or every form of evil, means to stay far away from evil. We need not become legalistic regarding what others may perceive to be evil. But we do need to remain cognizant of our witness to the world and of our duty to support fellow believers. We should also be aware of our own tendencies toward sin. Rather than flirting with what could lead us into sin, we avoid evil altogether. It is important not to judge others without first judging our own hearts and motives (Matthew 7:1-5). For instance, one pastor may be perfectly capable of drinking alcohol in moderation and therefore have no problem frequenting a bar. Another may be prone to alcoholism or drunkenness and should therefore avoid bar
This is why I do not drink any more. I also do not buy store bought cookies because I would eat the entire package and gluteny is also a sin. I also do not have cable TV because our family would watch it too much. So know your sin. If the internet is causing you to sin then stay off it. Sometimes I even need to take a break from Facebook because my heart started to feel bitter. Know yourself and your sinful tendencies.
Enjoy the this music video!