Recently I heard of a women who was selling Essential Oils and decided to stop selling them. This made me curious to what claims she made and wondered if it was true or not. I would like to say that I’m not against Essential oils, and I really enjoy the smells of some of them. But there are some concerns. As a Christian if we should be asking ourselves if we should be promoting these products and the companies. So here is my take 🙂
There are some trends that we defiantly need to be watching out for.
- Oils are being used in Yoga or for mediation. Lighthouse trails has several articles about Yoga here: https://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/blog/?cat=96
- A Christian is responsible to what they buy and sell and what kinds of ideas they are promoting, even if you would not use them for pagan/occultic practices, we defiantly do not want to promote evil to others.
- Some witches are very upset that Christians are selling essential oils because it takes away from their religious practices that they take very seriously. Here is just one link to a Wiccan website about essential oils. https://wiccaliving.com/beginners-guide-magical-oils
- Some oils claim to cure things that have not been proven to work. This is false advertisement. We MUST be careful we are not becoming like the crooked car salesman that is not being honest about a lemon of a car they are trying to sell you.
- There is a lot of the Word of Faith prosperity Gospel in these essential oil ads. Here is a description DoTERRA’s oil they are permoting for Mother’s Day…
The doTERRA® Adaptiv™ System is an effective answer to reducing tension and helping to empower and encourage when adapting to difficult situations or acclimating to new surroundings. Adaptiv capsules combine clinically studied botanicals with a blend of essential oils to help manage the effects of stress and anxious feelings*. As the perfect complement to the Adaptiv capsules, the essential oil Calming Blend is the answer during life’s most demanding moments. Diffuse or roll on to promote feelings of calm confidence. Use the Adaptiv Capsules and its companion essential oil blend to help create a sense of balance and adapt to every situation. Save $14.50 retail when you buy these three products together in the system!
The retail price for this oil kit is 109.00!!! WOW!! Can you imagine if someone believes the promises of this claim and spends this kind of money during the Corona Virus instead of feeding their family? As Christian’s we know what we are suppose to do with our anxiety and it’s not to trust in an essential oil blend!!! Let’s look at Young Living Essential Oils. Here is one claim.
DISCOVER LIFELONG WELLNESS YOUNG LIVING ESSENTIAL OILS
At the intersection of cutting-edge research and traditional wisdom, Young Living’s essential oils and oil-infused products empower you to claim your best life.
- Here is Young Living’s ABUNDANCE oil blend description… Abundance™ combines oils such as Orange and Ginger, which were used by ancient cultures to attract prosperity and magnify joy and peace. It is a form of idolatry to say that any essential oil is the source of our prosperity, joy, or peace. All of the attributes belong to the Lord not to oils. And it’s $50 for a bottle of this stuff!!!
- Here is Young Living’s GRATITUDE essential oil blend description…. Foster a grateful attitude and embrace the blessings in your life. The uplifting aroma of Gratitude™ invites a feeling of emotional and spiritual progress. This is New Age and oils are not responsible for our feelings of gratitude or our spiritual progress!! Only God can bring about this feeling and progress by reading His Word and through the Holy Spirit, if you are saved.
- Here is BELIEVE’s claims...Believe™ contains Idaho Blue Spruce, Idaho Balsam Fir, Frankincense, and other essential oils that may encourage feelings of strength and faith when used aromatically.
- Here are SACRED MOUNTAIN’s claims…Sacred Mountain™ is a blend of Ylang Ylang and conifer oils that evokes the sense of sanctity found in nature and promotes feelings of strength, empowerment, grounding, and protection when diffused.
- Lovingly harvested from plants native to exotic destinations around the world, the 10 essential oils in White Angelica come together to create a one-of-a-kind blend. Geranium, Ylang Ylang, Melissa, and Rose provide sweet, floral notes; Bergamot and Melissa offer a boost of bright citrus; and Myrrh, Northern Lights Black Spruce, Hyssop, and Sacred Sandalwood balance the blend with a warm, woodsy base. With the aroma of White Angelica essential oil blend, you can create a positive atmosphere and inspire feelings of security and optimism—no matter what life throws at you. People also love White Angelica for its skin-beautifying benefits when applied topically. Add a couple drops to your favorite lotion to give your skin the TLC it needs.
- Create an environment of romance and warmth with Joy™ essential oil blend. With its combination of floral and citrus essential oils, including Ylang Ylang, Geranium, Jasmine, Palmarosa, Rose, Bergamot, Lemon, and Tangerine, this unique and feminine fragrance is sure to be a favorite. Diffuse Joy around the house for an environment that is pleasant and inviting or dab it on your neck and wrists for a natural floral perfume. This essential oil blend invites togetherness and is used adoringly by members all around the world.
- Hey did you know oils can help you forgive!! Okay I’m being sarcastic, but really!!… Forgiveness™ essential oil blend is formulated with Melissa, Geranium, Frankincense, Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood, and other essential oils to help create a calm, uplifting environment when forgiving yourself and others.
- Here is my favorite one!!! Young Living’s Common Sense™ essential oil blend is a proprietary blend of Young Living essential oils formulated to be diffused when making decisions to help create a focusing environment.
I think you get the point!!! These are claims they are making that people fall for. As Christian’s we need to be careful.
6. Some people have been lead to heretical churches because of these claims. They think they are Christian because of the Christian language in these products. An example of a heretical church that practice this stuff is Bethel Redding Church or Hillsong. People are duped into easy believism. True faith in Christ not in oils.
7. People start to believe that diffusion of these products has some kind of magical power. Instead of trusting in the Lord they trust in the oils. This can become and expensive addiction for some and is defiantly idolatry.
8. There is witch craft! Which is forbidden in the Bible. There is also lots of Engram ideology (personality testes) and Tarrot Card readings. This is very dangerous stuff and can lead to demonic worship! None of this stuff is grounded in science. If you are selling these products you are claiming something to be true and none of these oils can claim they help with your feelings and emotions scientifically.
So the question is, “Should Christian’s be selling these products?” I’m going to leave this up to you to answer. Read your Bible and compare what I’m saying here to the Word of God 🙂
Here is an article to read: https://michellelesley.com/tag/essential-oils/
Something to watch